Today's scheduled theme is Nursery Rhymes. :)
I totally phoned it in this week and whipped out this super simple muffin tin in mere minutes.
- Little Miss Muffet's spider, creeping up on her
- Jack & Jill's pail full of dry roasted peanuts
- Mary's little lamb, waving from the top of a grape heap
- Baa Baa Black Sheep (olives)
- Old Mother Hubbard's bare cupboard. Poor puppy. :(
- Twinkling Little Star, up above the world so high
Those are dye-free organic "M&M" type candies in the star cup, the globe is a little piece of chocolate wrapped in earth-print foil. Both these treats were found at Whole Foods in the bulk bins.
My intent for this muffin tin was to have Paige guess what nursery rhyme each space represented. This was a huge flop as it turns out Paige doesn't know the nursery rhymes!!! What what what?!! I was flabbergasted. After talking a while about them, she says they sound "kind of familiar", but definitely not second nature, not by a long shot. Yikes! I guess we have a summer project on our hands: Nursery Rhyme Boot Camp.
Supplies used to make this muffin tin meal:
New to Muffin Tin Monday? Check out the MTM information page to read all about it. The schedule of themes can be found there too. The schedule has been updated and themes are now listed through the end of July! :)