Just try and guess what color tomorrow will be.
Paige's Orange Day lunch:
Packed in our stainless steel Lunchbots Duo box (which just happens to have an orange lid!!), this bento contains:
- two clementine oranges, decorated with the orange crayon pick
- cucumber chunks (garden fresh!) in an orange silicone cup
- two sealed pocket sandwiches of peanut butter & fruit preserves
- mini saltine crackers and a couple cheddar cheese flowers
- too many orangey foods in a box is not appealing. Especially next to brown bread. Blah.
- the orange silicone cup is from this cute cookbook about cooking things in silicone cups. The cookbook came with a rainbow set of silicone cups (and I'll be honest, that was a big draw for buying the book in the first place, though the actual cookbook is actually really cute too).
- The little pocket sandwiches were made using mini presses meant for making little pies. There are three in the set, along with the circle one I used here there is also a star and an apple. Love them. I'll be using these a lot. I got these from Williams-Sonoma around Christmas time.
- Almost every time I pack mini saltine crackers in a bento I get lots of questions asking where I find them. Up until recently the only place I ever saw them was Publix, a regular chain of grocery stores around these parts. But just a couple weeks ago I spied them at SuperTarget!
Hopefully some more of you mini saltine cracker hunters will be able to find them there. :)
Supplies used in the making of this bento: