Little bento for a day spent on the run!
- gingerbread man shaped peanut butter sandwich (run, run, run! fast as you can!)
- mini basil tortellini in a silicone cup w/ a sprinkle of parmesan
- gingerbread man shaped fruit leather
- itty bitty lady apple
- clementine orange "ornament" & blackberries
- little sauce cup of marinara (for the tortellini)
- tucked in back is a minty marshmallow from Trader Joe's (Heavenly good!)
Whew! That's a lot in such a small space!
The gingerbread sandwich was made with an ice cream mold/press. It's hard to tell in this photo, but there is an impression of all the gingerbread details pressed in the bread. I popped two little icing eyes on his face for a slightly endearing deranged appearance and some small sprinkles down his front for buttons.
The clementine has a little hat pick in the middle. I thought that would make it look like an ornament. But it actually just looks like a clementine with a hat pick stuck in the middle. Huh. Go figure. ;-)