Another bento in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and Gabe's Chemo Duck Program, the organization that sends fluffy duck companions to kids with cancer!
Unfortunately, I had a little trouble executing my duck element for this bento. Instead of being cute and cuddly, my duck looks rather deranged.
He's coo-coo for Chemo Duck!
This little snack bento contains:
- boiled egg, colored yellow, with a bit of carrot bill, fruit leather tongue and icing eyes
- silicone cup of raspberries
- multi-grain quackers
- cheddar cheese hearts
Coloring a boiled egg is done in just a few simple steps:
1. Supplies needed: bowl, food coloring, water, boiled egg.
2. Add a few drops of food coloring to bowl and fill with water. Peel egg.
3. Gently add your (PEELED!) egg to the colored water and leave submerged until the egg reaches desired color, then remove!
My yellow ducky egg was in the yellow water for about 5 minutes. The time you need to keep the egg in the colored water depends on how much coloring you add to the water and how intense you want the color to be. I used 3 drops of coloring because I wanted a lightish yellow duck. Yellow enough to be noticeable, but no so yellow that he looked...um, too yellow.
Friends, I am so very blown away by the generous donations that have come in already for the Chemo Duck program!!!! You are all SO AMAZING! I've said many many times that you are all the best readers a blogger could ever hope to have, and you just continue to show that again and again! :) I love you guys!!
For more information about the Chemo Duck program, and how you can help send Chemo Duck friends to children with cancer, please see this post.