Oof, what a week! So glad to see the weekend is here, along with some sunshine!
My big boy's bento for this great Friday:
On the top is garlic parmesan toasty bread cut into dinosaur shapes and Goldfish crackers. The bottom holds a small clementine orange, a silicone cup of little purple grapes, a Baby Bell cheese, and a checkered apple.
The checkered apple. Oy. Here's what I have to say about that:
- I don't foresee doing many of these
- it is easy, it doesn't take long, (this wedge took about a minute), but I can't multi-task and make these. And I'm ALWAYS multitasking.
- you don't want to know how many wedges I went through where I messed up the checkered pattern by cutting off the wrong square of peel (there's a reason why there's only one wedge in the box)
- the checkered pattern looks much nicer on these lighter colored apples than they do on dark red apples.
- my kids think they are really really cool.
The dinosaur bread was cut using a Dinobytes sandwich cutter. These are really nifty because you can get some cute shapes without having a lot of excess waste being cut away. :) The box I used was a Sassy Mealtime box with the inner boxes removed.
Have a great weekend!